Monday, January 23, 2012

And It Begins.

Today was my first teaching lab for PED201 (Motor Development) which took place at Saint Marys  School in Cortland, New York. Before arriving at Saint Marys I was extremely nervous and was not sure what to expect from the children that I will be working with every Monday for the rest of the semester. I did not know what to expect going into the school, but once we got started and played with the students things got much easier, It almost felt like I was back in elementary school playing with my friends (although with much more caution of course!). I had so much fun with the students. I am a little nervous still for the weeks to come because this week was really just getting to know the school, and the rest of the semester will actually be teaching and evaluating. These students will not hold back their feelings towards a game whether they like the game or not! I am confident that I will be able to find games that these students will enjoy, but I still have the thought in the back of my head that one will not! However, I am very excited to hear feedback from the students, teaching assistants, and Dr. Yang. Right now everything is a little overwhelming, but I know it will continue to get easier and more fun as the semester goes on. 


Check out my Lab 1 write-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment